Search This Blog

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Review - Helen Lowe "Heir of Night"




If Night falls, all fall . . .

In the far north of the world of Haarth lies the bitter mountain range known as the Wall of Night. Garrisoned by the Nine Houses of the Derai, the Wall is the final bastion between the peoples of Haarth and the Swarm of Dark - which the Derai have been fighting across worlds and time.

Malian, Heir to the House of Night, knows the history of her people: the unending war with the Darkswarm; the legendary heroes, blazing with long-lost power; the internal strife that has fractured the Derai's former strength. But now the Darkswarm is rising again, and Malian's destiny as Heir of Night is bound inextricably to both ancient legend and any future the Derai - or Haarth - may have. 



What can I say about Helen Lowes new book. 

  1. It is imaginative.
  2. It is very well written.
  3. Action driven, but it holds together the story.
  4. I loved the characters, especially Kalan.
  5. The whole world feels realistic and fantastically exotic at the same time.
  6. A Must Read book!! No seriously go out and buy it now!
I could go on and on about this book and I can not wait for the second book in the series!!!
A congratulations to Helen Lowe for making me really love this book, I think it may even go into my 'Good Fantasy Bookcase' with all my regulars like David Eddings, Jennifer Fallon, Mary Victoria, Kim Falconer, Kate Forsyth, Tamora Pierce and wayyyyy to many more to write here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...