We asked Vicki, a 10 - soon to be 11 year old, ten questions about books and reading. It was very interesting to read her responses.
- What draws you to read?
Picturing the story in my mind.
- Do the covers help you decide on a book?
Not really. I like to read the blurb on the back.
- What are your friends reading at the moment?
One friend is reading 'The Hunger Games' Anabel (another friend) is reading a book by Roald Dahl.
- Who is your favourite book character and why?
Capricorn from Inkheart. Evil makes the story interesting.
- When did you discover books?
Reception. I could read a little by the time I got to school.
- What is your favourite book?
- Are there any books you would like to see turned into movies?
More in the Series of Unfortunate Events and more by Roald Dahl
- What three books would you take away with you?
'The Twits' 'Frog Princess' ' The Faraway Fairies'.
- Does your family like to read?
Both Mum and Dad love to read!
- Do you think reading will influence your choice of career when you're older?
No. I want to be a ballerina then an architect when I'm older.
If you would like to be apart of our 10 Questions then just come into the store or send us an email on email@example.com. A big round of applause for Vicki!