Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Complete Slow Cooker by Sally Wise

Who here loves a nice warm meal that you didn't have to slave over a hot stove for? I know I do! A few years back my sister gave me a slow cooker for my birthday. I used it a few times, but ultimately is sat on the counter gathering dust. I could never find ANY recipes that I liked or worked properly. Now I am a fan of Sally's books generally as I make a lot of jam and preserves from her 'A Year in a Bottle' I was still heartily disillusioned by my lack of success I wasn't expecting much when I bought a copy of Sally Wise's book 'The Complete Slow Cooker' 

RRP was $24.99 Our Price $9.99
It is the best cook book I have in my collection! So far I have made three recipes from this book (I only got it on Thursday) and ALL have worked out AND are so mouth watering tasty it isn't funny. Like any home cooking mama, I added more vegetables to my dishes but the general base was the same as what the recipe called for.

Seriously. 

If you are wanting a most excellent slow cooker book, then look no further. This is the only one you will ever need. There is 416 pages of recipes - soups, meats (chicken, beef, lamb, pork, fish/seafood) vegetables and vegetarian, desserts, breads and preserves. Yes, you read that right, preserves and desserts are included. 

I will give you my take of Sally's Thai Chicken Curry (if you want the original recipe, you will have to buy the book)

Ingredients:

2 chicken drumsticks (skin taken off)
2 tbsp ground ginger
1 onion, diced
2 teaspoon sweet paprika
2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
2 teaspoon ground coriander 
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 teaspoon oyster sauce
2 teaspoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons raw sugar
1 small chilli, finely chopped
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup roughly chopped swiss chard
1 cup grated carrot
1 cup grated pumpkin
1 cup grated zucchini

Method:

Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker and combine well. Place lid on SC and cook for 4 hours on high, then add salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce isn't thick enough for you, then add a paste of cornflour to the mix and cook for a further 15 minutes.

Do yourselves a favour my friends and buy a copy of this book! Trust me when I say it will be used over and over again during those cold winter months that are coming.
Only $9.99 down from $24.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...