Search This Blog

Friday, August 22, 2014

Book Review - Clariel - Garth Nix

Clariel (Abhorsen, #4)Clariel by Garth Nix
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

DUE OCTOBER 2014

I really enjoyed this book.

It has been years since I read any of the Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix but this book threw me back and didn't let go until I had finished it.

Set 600 years before the Old Kingdom series, Clariel is a slightly selfish teenage who is thrown into a city not of her choosing. No one seems to care that she is unhappy and it is that unhappiness which breeds dissent. All Clariel wants to be left alone and become a Borderer, a member of the forest guards who patrolled the woods and forests of the kingdom. Instead her entire family move the Capital of the Old Kingdom to further the ambitions of her mother and she feels trapped by all the stone and people.

Clariel has to make a choice and it is one that will lead to the events of Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen.

Well written and engaging, this stand alone prequel does credit to Garth Nix.

Now I am going to go back and re-read Sabriel again.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...