Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Book Review - The French Promise - Fiona McIntosh

The French PromiseThe French Promise by Fiona McIntosh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I do not know how the author does it. Everytime I pick up a book by Fiona McIntosh I am instantly transported into her worlds, whether it is fantasy, crime or historical fiction. This author is a rare writer who can cross the genre barrier and I am thankful for it.

The French Promise picks up not to long after The Lavender Keeper. We go on a journey to Australia where Luc and Lisette have come to pick up the pieces of their lives and make a new future. I love reading the way we Aussies talk and I can picture the scenes quite easily. The author's writing weaves three different story-lines together and they form an intricate braid that comes together at the end. I felt a lot of emotion reading this book and I actually stayed up past midnight trying to get to the end before I fell asleep (unfortunately that didn't happen)

I teared up in particular sections and I am glad to have read the ending of Luc and Lisette's story.

Well done Fiona!

I highly encourage people to read the Lavender Keeper and The French Promise! Filled with well researched material, believable characters and brilliant descriptions, you will fall in love, hate and most of all forgiveness with the world Fiona has recreated.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...