Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Interview with Jo Spurrier

When the lovely Jo Spurrier came into the store for a book signing, I grabbed the opportunity to ask her a few questions.



Tarran: How does it feel to have finished this series? 

Jo: It is great to get to the end as I am glad to stop torturing my characters. It has been 10 years so it's sad as well, I like listening to break up songs while writing the final scenes.

Tarran: Is there going to be more books set in this world?

Jo: There is a temptation to write a book set 20 years into the future to see how the characters have changed, but I want to work on something new for now.

Tarran:What's next for you?

Jo: I have a new series in mind, but not sure when it will be all done.

Tarran: If you could spend a day in the life of anyone in history, who would it be and why?

Jo: Catherine the Great. She is just an amazing and fascinating person. 

Tarran: What are you reading now?

Jo: Lots of Lynley Dodd (Hairy Maclary) as I have a new baby. Also I am reading Bill Bryson's 'Home'

Tarran: If you could pick one character from your books to have a cuppa with who would it be and why?

Jo: Nirveli. You only get snippets of her in the books but I would like to find out more about her.

Tarran: How much research went into your books?

Jo: There was an enormous amount done, a lot of it was background reading while writing my first series which never got published.

Jo's latest book 'North Star Guide Me Home' is the last in her series. It is out now and we have a limited amount of signed copies available. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...