Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Book Review - I-Team #5 Breaking Point - Pamela Clare

Denver journalist Natalie Benoit and Deputy U.S. Marshal Zach McBride find themselves captives of a bloodthirsty Mexican drug cartel. Working together, they escape through the desert toward the border, the attraction between them flaring hotter than the Sonoran sun. They fight to stay ahead of the danger that hunts them as forces more powerful than they can imagine conspire to destroy them both...

I thought that this book was a good read. It had action from the start and kept the flow going right throughout the story. Natalie Benoit, a member of the I-Team (a newspaper group in Denver) has gone to Mexico for a confrence. While on a tour she is kidnapped by the ruthless Los Zetas. While in captivity, she meets a fellow American, Zach McBride - a Deputy U.S Marshal, who is being tortured. Together they must escape back across the US border. 
The characters were well written and my only gripe was, at times it was very American. All the men, even her I-team crew had that 'all American' good guy quality to them. (I know the author is American and so I expected that.)
I picked up book 5 and now am waiting for the first book to come in so I can read them in order. 

If you would like to know more about the series, then here is Pamela's website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...