Search This Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2013

National Bookshop Day Questions

A big thank you to all the wonderful authors who helped celebrate National Bookshop Day with us this year!!

On the day we asked a few of the authors three questions each about books and bookstores. Here are their answers.



Jason Fischer

1) What was your favourite moment in a bookshop?

The moment I picked up 'The Sword of Shannara' and knew I wanted to write my own book just like that one at age 12.

2) What do you like about bookshops?

What's not to like? The shelves groan with shiny new titles, the staff are enthusiastic and passionate, and there's always something for everyone!

3) Why are bookshops important to you?

AS an author, these are my lifeblood and conduit to the reader. Long may bookshops last!!

Jackie Barreau

1) Are bookshops necessary in this day and age?

Absolutely! When with a switch to online stores, building a rapport with your local or favourite bookstore is essential in supporting large and small business. The older generation also don't tend to shop 'online'.

2) What was your first experience in a bookshop?

That would be a very long time ago, needless to say I really can't remember.

3) Why are bookshops important to you?

They enable authors (especially independent and self published) to gain some publicity and 'sell' their brand (themselves) and their books. To get amongst a potential fan bas and build a relationship with that particular bookshop for future releases. This flows into social media such as Facebook and Twitter

Melanie Casey

1) What was your first experience in our bookshop?

Very positive! Welcoming staff and environment, well organised as well. Thanks so much for all the promotional effort put into my book - it's greatly appreciated.

2) Name three books you couldn't live without?

The Life of Pi
An Imaginary Life - David Malouf
Hamlet - Shakespeare

3) Why are bookshops important to you?

I am an avid reader as well as a writer so bookshops are one of my favourite places.

Kathryn White

1) What draws you into a bookshop?

Lots of things, beautiful books and presentation. Knowing that there are lots of stories inside waiting to be read and great service.

2) Are bookshops necessary in the digital age?

Absolutely! Nothing beats personalised service and the social aspect of being inside a bookshop.

3) Why are bookshops important to you?

It's a place where I can find/discover new books and meet like minded people.

Aprille Legacy

1) If you could take three books to a deserted island, what would they be?

Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K Rowling
Artemis Fowl #1 - Eoin Colfer

2) What was your first experience in a bookshop?

Don't remember the very first but my earliest is being taken into Angus & Robertson to by the next Artemis Fowl book.

3) Why are bookshops important to you?

I couldn't live without bookstores! They're important to me because they have every book I could possibly want and are the places I go whenever I need to top up my bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...