Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Book Review - The Help - Kathryn Stockett

The HelpThe Help by Kathryn Stockett

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I started this book last night and just finished it now at 12.30pm. I actually fell asleep reading the book, something I haven't done in a very long time. It was brilliant. The chapters in each womans voice had depth, feeling and character. You form likings for disfferent characters and you feel like you can sort of see what it is like for both sides of the story.

The racial tensions of a 1960's America is well portayaed and very realistic. It shows the struggle of Afican Americans all over the country, but highlights Mississippi, a southern state in America. Avery good book and one I highly recommened for people to read.

I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...