Search This Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Book Review - Prince of Thorns - Mark Lawrence

Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire, #1)Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence  DUE OCTOBER 2011

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I did not like the main character Jorg, through out the whole book. I thought he was vile, merciless, disturbing and basically an anti hero. He burned down towns, violated the villagers, killed indiscrimaly and had no guilt for it. His 'Brothers' were just as bad if not worse than him apart from two Makin and Nubian.

Reading the journey of this Prince of Thorns was a strange experiance, but I kept reading. Chapter by chapter, Jorg's story unfolds and you have no choice but to go along with it. The author pulled me in and it was hard to let go. As you read, somehow - even if you don't like the main character, you want to see him succeed. It is a very odd world, I think it is set in our future, thousand of years later. They talk about Shakespeare, Aristole, Socrates and Jesu (Jesus)

By the end of the book, I was wanting the book not so much not to end, but was wishing the second one was out so I could see what happened next. If you have a chance to pick up this book, do so, but be prepared for a disturbing experiance of reading about an anti hero for much of the book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...