Search This Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Book Review - Dangerous Pleasure - Lora Leigh


My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I think I am over Lora Leigh for a while. Her books used to be so thrilling and different. This book didn't do it for me. I feel bad saying this as I have previously liked the majority of her books and feel I should like this one. The storyline was good, the characters flowed. Yet it still felt fragmented. There was one part where the characters are doing something then BAM they are suddenly on the run. Loud rock music was plaing in the story (to what end I don't know) and it just wasn't explained well enough.

This book is the story of Paige and Abram Mustafa - half brother to Khalid (Khalid is brother to Paige on her mother's side.) Abram Mustafa will face the most dangerous test of his life. And his heart. When his father kidnaps Khalid's beloved half sister by his mother, and brings her to his Saudi village as a hostage against his son's defection, Abram knows his plans for escape from the terrorist occupied home he's known since his childhood, have suddenly become more imperative than ever before.

Parts of it were okay but all in all, I didn't connect with the story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...