Search This Blog

Friday, May 17, 2013

Book Review - Burial Rites by Hannah Kent

Burial RitesBurial Rites by Hannah Kent
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I gave this book five stars because it was a very enthralling book. I loved the story of Agnes and I really wanted to find out what what actually happened that fateful night. If you are looking for a fast paced book then look elsewhere. The draw to this book is not the adventure but the gradual unveiling of the truth behind the murders. I loved how the family Agnes was placed with interacted with her. Hannah has written a beautiful book and captures the essence of this time and place. You just about feel the cold snow, smell the dung fires and fell your belly hunger from not eating.

Hannah has drawn from real life sources and while a few characters are fictional, most of these people existed and lived how Hannah described. A very interesting read and I couldn't put it down. I am very keen to read Hannah's next book when it is written and released.

View all my reviews

We have a competition at the moment to win a copy of Burial Rites here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...