Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

World Con (AussieCon 4) Day 4 & Day 5

World Con (AussieCon 4)
Day 4:  Sunday 5/09/10

Sunday was busy with a Kaffeelatsche with Ducan Lay and then Glenda Larke signings. I got some cool pictures with both Glenda and Mary Victoria, who was there as well.

More panels filled my day; I was racing around like a mad hatter trying to see everything.
At 4 Mary Victoria was doing a reading and I needed to go to that. Mary has a wonderful reading voice! She actually does voices for her characters (not sure if she was actively trying to do so) It was wonderful!

After that I had something to eat and then left for the day.





World Con (AussieCon 4)
Day 5:  Monday 6/09/10
 
At last we come to the last day of my AussieCon 4 adventure. By this time I was very tired and my brain was a little mushy. I still maintain it was the dreaded stairs that made me so tired haha.
On Monday I went to Writing strange lands: other cultures in YA speculative fiction. That was fascinating.  I met some of the Voyager Staff, Stephanie Smith and Natalie Costa Bir after that panel and they were two very lovely people.
Then I lined up once again for another signing: Shaun Tan. He was younger than I thought he would be and such a magnificent artist. Not only was he signing, he was drawing in peoples books, posters, shirts and my bookplates.
Then there were more great panels that were really fun. Then came the closing ceremony and bam it was over. Five days of awesomeness, meeting lots of new people, catching up with old friends and learning many new things.

I will defiantly be going again to another Australian Con! I love it, but I must say it was so very good to go home again.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the rundown, I couldn't make it so this was the next best thing :-)

    Hopefully next time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problems Peter, I was very happy to do it! Next time you definatly have to go. It was pretty awesome! Theres a smaller Con next year in October in Canbarra I think.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...