Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Reviews By You - Eric Vale Epic fail by Michael Gerard Bauer (Reviewed by Amber)


Ever Had a stupid nickname?
A rotten run of bad luck?
A best friend who just looks on the bright side-even when the bright side is black?
Well, Eric Vale's got all three, and they're pushing him towards the Epic-est of all Epic Fails!

Eric Vale Epic fail by Michael Gerard Bauer
Eric Vale is a kid at primary school trying to fit in. He gets an awful nickname and does everything in his power to get rid of it. Every time he stuffs up something everyone yells out, “Eric Vale Epic fail!”
I love the moral of the story. While I didn’t love this book, I felt it was still a good one. The moral of the story is right at the end, I don’t want to give away the ending so I won’t tell you.
The main character is Eric Vale. He made a big mistake and gets bullied about it.  His has a best friend Chewy. He’s very self-conscious and since he was given his nickname, is watching his every move. He loves to write his comic, Secret Agent Derek ‘Danger.’
Like I said before I didn’t really like the book that much. It seems like it would appeal more to boys than girls. I also found it difficult to get as it seemed as though you were being told the story and not that it’s happening right there and then. That’s not a bad thing – it’s just a different way of writing the story. It was a bit weak for me so I wouldn’t say it’s in my top ten or even twenty but maybe my top thirty.
I think people who liked reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid will like this because it’s based on the same thing of life being a kid and the book is set out being as a diary.
                                                                                                
Reviewed by Amber (12 years old)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...